Sunday, November 06, 2005

Hi everyone! This is my first KAL. I've really only stumbled into this whole knit-blogging community recently. I'm enjoying the experience so far.

I'd like to show the progress of my Blackberry. I started it on 27 October but took a trip to Chicago for a few days and didn't fancy taking heavy yarn and heavy knitting so I left it at home. It got restarted on 3 November and I have completed the back and two fronts and most of a sleeve (more about that in a minute!) It's knitted in Rowan Chunky Print in shade 73 Temper. I bought that in the Liberty sale for GBP3 per ball. It was destined for another project but I liberated it to make Blackberry. I love chunky knits, blink and it's almost complete. Here's a picture ofthe sleeve. I tried the bobbles but I didn't like them, that's probably to do with my poor bobble making skill. I ripped back 25 rows and started again. I've now got to the armhole shaping and I've decided I don't really like the shape of the sleeve......
I think it's huge at the wrist. See I've got it pinned up and it's probably 8 -10 stitches too wide for my liking. Does anyone else feel the same? I'm thinking of ripping it out and starting again. And if I was going to do that, I'm going to reverse the cable. I prefer the knit side too. Any comments gladly appreciated!

Comments:
You know, that makes me think maybe I should make my sleeves a bit shorter since they're so wide. I think I could deal with the width if they weren't too long.
 
I did the ribbing on 11's then changed to 13's for the rest of the sleeve to reduce the width somewhat. I also shortened the sleeve to the underarm by 1 1/2" because I am so short. I am glad to know I am not the only bobble-challenged knitter out there! I should have left them off - oh well, it is not worth starting over.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?